Accuray CyberKnife® Robotic Radiotherapy Platform Expands Range of Neurological Indications That Can Be Effectively Treated With Stereotactic Radiosurgery
CyberKnife Radiotherapy: The Ultimate SRS Platform for a Diverse Patient Population
SRS was developed to provide a non-invasive approach for the treatment of intracranial lesions. Image guidance and software advances have improved the ability to target the radiotherapy beam, expanding the application of SRS to lesions in the brain and spine that were untreatable in the past.
The CyberKnife platform was developed in 1994 by Stanford University–based neurosurgeon
"More than 25 years after the first brain tumor treatment with the CyberKnife platform, customers worldwide continue to identify new ways to leverage its unique architecture and push the boundaries of radiosurgery to improve their patients' care," said
Accuray Proprietary Technology Designed to Deliver Better, Faster, Radiotherapy Treatments
Advanced functionality on the CyberKnife platform facilitates the delivery of precise treatments for more patients each day.
- Next-generation Accuray Precision® Treatment Planning System (TPS) with the VOLO™ Optimizer
- Reduces both the time to create high quality treatment plans and the time it takes to deliver them, making patients treatments significantly faster than with earlier versions of TPS
- Substantially reduces optimization time, supporting the creation of treatment plans for multiple cases in the same day, and helping to ensure the optimal plan is created for neurology and cancer cases spanning different diagnoses and tumor sizes
- Artificial intelligence (AI)-driven Synchrony® Technology
- Synchronizes the radiation beam to the target in real-time, maximizing dose to the lesion while minimizing dose to surrounding healthy structures
Safe Harbor Statement
Statements made in this press release that are not statements of historical fact are forward-looking statements and are subject to the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements in this press release relate, but are not limited, to expectations related to the CyberKnife platform, including related to treatment of neurological conditions; clinical applications; clinical results; patient experiences and outcomes, and
Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date the statements are made and are based on information available to the company at the time those statements are made and/or management's good faith belief as of that time with respect to future events. The company assumes no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect actual performance or results, changes in assumptions or changes in other factors affecting forward-looking information, except to the extent required by applicable securities laws. Accordingly, investors should not put undue reliance on any forward-looking statements.
Public Relations Director,
+1 (408) 789-4426
+1 (703) 297-7194
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/accuray-cyberknife-robotic-radiotherapy-platform-expands-range-of-neurological-indications-that-can-be-effectively-treated-with-stereotactic-radiosurgery-301420907.html